Our videos


Keep up-to-date with the latest Djirra information, events and news with our regular newsletter.

Sign up now to keep in touch with us and be a part of the Djirra community!


Keep in touch and receive our newsletter



Family Violence

Family violence is sometimes called “domestic violence”, “abuse” or “an abusive relationship”. Family violence can happen to anyone. You have the right to feel safe at home. You have the right to BE SAFE at home. You should not be living in fear.

Child Protection

Djirra’s Aboriginal Family Violence Legal Service can assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families where child protection is involved due to family violence. This includes non-Aboriginal carers of Aboriginal children.

Guide to VOCAT

The Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT) was created by the Victorian Government to acknowledge and provide financial assistance to victims of violent crime committed in Victoria. Victims of crime are people who are physically or psychologically injured as a result of a violent crime.

Other Publications

Our milestones… Journey to Djirra

After 15 years working with and supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples experiencing family violence, we are taking a new exciting path in our journey – We are now Djirra!

Young Luv Evaluation Report

In October 2016, Djirra (then FVPLS Victoria) received a grant from VicHealth to conduct a formal evaluation of Young Luv®, a primary prevention of violence against women program. The overarching message of the evaluation report is that programs and initiatives which are designed to influence the attitudes and behaviours of Aboriginal teenage girls, such as Young Luv®, must have the endorsement, approval and backing of the Aboriginal community.

Early Intervention and Prevention Program Evaluation Report

In July 2014, we published a formal evaluation report of our early intervention and prevention programs, which included Sisters Day Out and Dilly Bag.

The report was supported with funding by the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation.