TICKET SALES HAVE NOW CLOSED.
Djirra 20 Year Anniversary Gala is proudly supported by Vic Health and Respect Victoria
- Saturday 19 November 2022
- 6.00pm arrival for canapes pre-drinks
- Level 8 – Savoy Ballroom – The Grand Hyatt, 123 Collins Street, Melbourne
The celebration features an exceptional showcase of Aboriginal women talent, including:
- Aria award winning recording artist Jessica Mauboy
- Staunch matriach Barkaa
- Cultural Performance by Djirri Djirri Dancers
- DJ set featuring SojuGang
- Hosted by MC Shelley Ware
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9244 3333 (line 3)
Mobile: 0408 411 198
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I purchase tickets at the door?
Djirra’s 20 Year Gala is now sold out.
Do I need to bring my ticket with me to the event?
No, this is non-ticketed event. We will have all your details, and your name will be on the seating plan at the entrance on Level 8 (Savoy Ballroom).
How will I know where I am sitting?
There will be a table plan in the foyer. Simply find your name on the list to see which table you are seated at. All tables will be clearly numbered. Alternatively, you can head to the information desk for advice.
*Please note table allocation from the time of purchase will be managed at the discretion of Djirra and is subject to change.
What is your refund policy?
All ticket purchases are eligible for a full refund up until Friday 11 November. After this date there are no refunds.
What if I can no longer attend; can I give my ticket to another person?
You can invite someone else to take your place, but before the event you will need to tell us the name of the person who is unable to attend and the name of your new guest.
To complete the ticket swap to a new name, call or text 0408 411 198 or email us email@example.com
Alternatively, you can donate your ticket to Djirra to allocate to another sister. Let us know either way through the contact details listed above.
Can I bring my children?
This venue has a strict policy regarding the responsible service of alcohol. Therefore, all attendees of Djirra’s Gala must be 18 years of age or over. We appreciate your understanding.
Is this event for women only?
No! We encourage all people who share Djirra’s values to come along and enjoy the night.
What time should I arrive?
Please arrive at 6.00pm. On arrival you’ll enjoy some pre-dinner drinks and canapes in the foyer on Level 8 and then be taken into Savoy Ballroom to enjoy the evening.
What is the dress code?
Traditionally a gala is a formal occasion, however, at Djirra we’d prefer to say the dress code is for a semi-formal occasion however if you’d like to dress in formal attire, please feel free to do so. Dress to impress!
Where do I park my car?
The Grand Hotel Group offers undercover 24-hour, multi-level car parking conveniently located underneath the hotel.
The car park is accessible via two entrances: the 128 Flinders Lane access and 44 Russell Street access.
The car park has a height restriction of 2.0 metres.
The casual/drive in rate for a Saturday is $12 (till 6am on Sunday) where the parker pays at the payment machine or the exit via a credit or debit card. (Since COVD, cash payments are no longer possible at the Grand Hyatt site).
Is there provision for disability parking?
Unfortunately, at this location, there is no disability parking.
- If you are ferrying someone who is unable to walk from the carpark, we ask that you drop them off at the valet parking entrance – from there they can go straight up the escalator to level 8. As the driver you will need to continue or head to the car park.
- There is also lift access up to the Savoy Ballroom from the Russell St entrance (via the Lower Lobby) or from the Collins Street Entrance (in the Upper Lobby) and straight up to the Events Floor (Level 8).
What public transport options do I have?
The Grand Hyatt is in the CBD at the Paris end of Collins Street (up near Spring Street)
If you are arriving by taxi, tell the driver to head to the Russell Street entrance of Grand Hyatt Melbourne, from there you can go straight up to the escalator to level 8.
The closest train station is Flinders Street Railway Station.
- Tram Route 5 on Swanston Street >> Access to Old Melbourne Goal
- Tram Route 96 on Burke Street >> Access to Melbourne Museum
- Tram Route 35|70 on Flinders Street >> Access to Immigration Museum and Sea Life (Melbourne Aquarium)
- Tram Route 96 on Burke Street >> Access to Albert Park (Formula 1) and Luna Park
- Tram Route 11 on Collins Street >> Access to Bourke Street Mall
- Tram Route 19 on Elizabeth Street >> Access to Melbourne Zoo
Will there be an AUSLAN interpreter present at the event?
If you require AUSLAN interpreter services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible after making your booking, and we will coordinate this with you.
Do I need to show evidence of my COVID vaccination to attend the event?
There is no COVID vaccination mandate required to attend this event.
Do I have to wear a face mask?
No, this is a personal decision. We will have face masks handy at the information desk if you wish to wear one.
What if I am unable to attend due to testing positive to COVID-19?
The safety and wellbeing of all guests, staff and artists is still our number one priority.
If you are feeling unwell and showing symptoms of COVID, you must not attend Djirra’s Gala. Please help us keep our Mob and Elders safe.
You can invite someone else to take your place, but before the event you will need to tell us the name of the person who is unable to attend and the name of your new guest. To complete the ticket swap to a new name, call or text 0408 411 198 or email our team at email@example.com
Will Djirra have COVID safe protocols in place?
Absolutely! The health of everyone in attendance is of the highest importance. Djirra will operate in accordance with its COVIDSafe plan to ensure the health and safety of everyone in attendance.
We will have face masks handy at the information desk if you wish to wear one.
Hand sanitiser will be placed around the foyer and throughout the ballroom for you to use.
We will also have limited testing kits at the information desk to access at the end of the night.
How can you have a COVID safe night of celebration?
We encourage all our attendees to follow some simple COVID-safe practices to keep themselves and others safe and comfortable at Djirra’s gala:
- Maintain physical distancing where practical.
- Carry a face mask with you. If you do not have a mask with you but would feel more comfortable wearing one inside the venue, ask our friendly staff at the information desk who will happily provide one for you.
- Make frequent use of the hand sanitiser and washing facilities at the venue.
- Listen to and comply with instructions given by venue staff and volunteers.
- Testing kits will also be available for those in need at the end of the night.
- Stay up to date with the latest information at coronavirus.vic.gov.au
What happens if I test positive for COVID-19 after the gala?
If you test positive for COVID-19 within three days of the gala, please tell your social contacts who you spent time with at the gala. You are also encouraged to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 0408 411 198 to notify us of your situation.